Department: Product & Pricing
Just South Africa has an exciting role for a Qualified Actuary looking to build a holistic understanding of value creation, for advisers, policyholders and the company.
The role covers all technical aspects relating to annuity business: pricing, valuation, capital management and asset-liability management and gives exposure to market-leading innovation in risk-neutral pricing and valuations, and dynamic hedging, as well as global thought leadership.
Just South Africa is financially self-sufficient and forms part of a strong Group listed in the UK. Our clients are at the heart of our business, and we exist to help them achieve a better later life.
Role and Responsibility
Just’s foundation is deep mutual respect and trust for one another in a dynamic, small team environment. Each person is respected as a key individual who is expected to challenge complacency and whose opinion is valued. The team is united by a common desire to create a legacy in a focused market and share a commitment to deliver performance against measurable set objectives. Staff share in Just’s value creation and hold one another accountable for performance in a flat organisational structure.
This role will challenge conventional industry thinking and seek to create value for clients and the company through:
- Owning and developing the suite of risk-neutral pricing models, which integrate capital requirements and management
- Monitoring competitive feedback, VNB and profit metrics and responding appropriately
- Evaluating valuation results and asset-liability developments and adjusting pricing bases appropriately
For a candidate seeking the opportunity to manage people there are opportunities to manage actuarial staff and underwriters, but this is not an essential requirement for this role.
- Thought leadership and innovation
- Passionate about creating a better later life for clients in retirement
- Clear commercial understanding
- A desire to be the best, not just good
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- High attention to detail
- Strong technical actuarial and computer programming skills essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV that clearly demonstrates how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of this job specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.