Terms and Conditions
- Information about us
- This Website is operated by Just Retirement Life (South Africa) Limited (trading as Just), a company registered in South Africa under registration number K2014/0996/01 and whose registered address is Office G01, Big Bay Office Park, 16 Beach Estate Boulevard, Big Bay, Cape Town, South Africa, 7441. Just is a subsidiary of Just Group Plc, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 08568957.
- Just Retirement Life (South Africa) Limited is a registered long-term insurer regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
- Terms governing the use of this Website
- Your use of this Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree to our Terms, you must not use this Website.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify, add to or remove any of the Terms by updating this page at any time. You should check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes. Your use of this Website following any revision of these Terms constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
- When you visit this Website, or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and we will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- The licence granted to you
- We grant you a non-exclusive licence to use this Website upon these Terms.
- We may terminate this licence at any time if you are in breach of any of these Terms or otherwise at our absolute discretion.
- Copyright and Trade Marks
- This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Just. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and any documents on this Website as well as any other content. It is protected by intellectual property laws including, but not limited to, copyright.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rights in any information which appears on this Website (including the screen displays, the content, the text, graphics and look and feel of this Website) belong to Just or our licensors.
- Unless specifically prohibited by a notice published on any page, you may print a copy of such parts of the pages of this Website as you may reasonably require for your own personal non-commercial use provided that any copy has attached to it the relevant proprietary notices and disclaimers.
- All non-Just trademarks, service marks, company names or logos are the property of their respective holders. Any use by you of these marks, names and logos may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this Website (including any forms) for internal business use and any other permitted purpose that has been specified on this Website. Any other use is not permitted.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This Website is controlled and operated by us from South Africa and is intended for South African residents over the age of 18 only.
- We make no representation that any material contained on this Website is appropriate for any other jurisdiction. Should you choose to access this Website from any location other than South Africa, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
- By entering this Website, you acknowledge and agree that the use of this Website is at your own risk and to the extent permissible by applicable law, in no circumstances, including (but not limited to) breach of contract or negligence, shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, losses, costs or expenses nor for any loss of profit that results from the use of, or inability to use this site or any material on any site linked to this site (including but not limited to any viruses or any other errors or defects or failures in computer transmissions or network communications) even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage. In addition, we are not liable for any changes made to the content of this Website by unauthorised third parties. All express or implied warranties or representations are excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. Just’s maximum aggregate liability to you for losses or damages suffered in respect of any claims arising from the use of this Website shall not exceed an aggregate of R50 000.
- Nothing on this Website shall be deemed to constitute financial or other advice and Just is not authorised to provide advice. If information is required in respect of Just’s products or services, please contact us as directed on this Website.
6.3 Any software is downloaded at your own risk. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of the software to be downloaded for your computer it is recommended that you obtain specialist advice before downloading it.
- Other sites
- You may not create a link to this Website from another website or document without our express written permission.
- Contracting with us online
- Nothing on this Website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship with you or anyone else, except for the Terms which govern the relationship between us in relation to your use of this Website.
- If you make a contract with a third party which is named or referred to in this Website, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are happy with that contract and to take legal advice if necessary.
- Telephone calls may be recorded to monitor the quality of service provided as well as for research and contractual purposes.
- Site availability
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that this Website will be available at any time.
- Accuracy of information
The information contained in this Website is based on up to date information and while we make all reasonable efforts to ensure that material on this Website is correct, current and complete at the date of publication, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Just makes no warranties or representations (express or implied) as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of any information or material referred to on this Website.
The use of this Website is monitored.
- Access to Information
Our Promotion of Access to Information Manual can be accessed from this link.
- Complete agreement
- If any part of these Terms are, at any time, found to be invalid by a court, tribunal or other forum of competent jurisdiction, or otherwise rendered unenforceable, that decision shall not invalidate or void the remainder of these Terms.
- These Terms shall be deemed amended by modifying or severing such part as necessary to render them valid, legal and enforceable while preserving their intent, or if that is not possible, by substituting another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable that gives equivalent effect to the parties’ intent. Any such invalid or unenforceable part or parts shall be severable from these Terms, or the validity of the part(s) in question in any other jurisdiction shall not be affected thereby.
- Governing Law
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these Terms or any dispute in relation to the services or the materials contained in this Website shall be governed by the laws of South Africa and the South African courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
- If you have any complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about any aspect of the service you have received from Just, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org